Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to the Grind


         Well, it is time to get back to work.  PhD classes started today, and I spent yesterday tackling the to-do list. I had several things to that were just taking up brain space and lesson plans to get ready for the week, so I took care of those tasks first.  It was a busy weekend, for sure. Friday I got home around 6:45 and began the cleaning and undecorating  extravaganza.  I finished around 12 hours later, took a nap, and then went to get a brand new hairdo from Gwen.  I LOVE it! I am so glad that I didn't back out or stick to the same hair do. It feels so refreshing, and it really was easy to fix this morning. I blew it dry, used a flat iron quickly, and WAAA-LAAA! Done! A new look for a new leg of my journey. 
       I ordered some protein supplements tonight, too. Mellissa (thanks!) gave me the heads up on Provide Protein shots - 15grams of protein per ounce. That's awesome! I am supposed to get 60 - 80 grams a day, and that is pretty difficult.  Four of these shots would ensure that I got that amount.  Also, I ordered some sample packs of coffee and fruit flavored drinks. The fruit ones I can make into popsicles, too, so instead of eating a regular popsicle, I can have a protein one! I know that it is money to spend, but I certainly am not spending as much on food for me, so I can spend it on protein and make sure that I am getting the nutrition that I need. 
       As for weight loss, I have hit a snag. I have been hovering around 172-174 for over a week. I started exercising at 5 am last week, so I am giving myself time to adjust.  It's been rough because I am so tired, but I am going to keep plugging on -- I HAVE to keep this up or I will never reach my goals and maintain my new lifestyle.  It is so fun and exciting to go shopping, buy clothes and accessories, put together outfits, play with make-up.  I feel like a teenager again! I'm going to have to get a second (well, third or fourth, technically) job to fund my new habit!  I am trying to not let the guilt of spending so much money on myself outweigh my happiness at being able to enjoy these things again, though. It's hard to change those mental thoughts of not being worth the money so quickly. It will take a while before I stop thinking like the fat girl who wanted to just buy somethings to get by and go back home to hide. 
     Well, this is a short one, but morning comes earlier and I have a few things to finish up before I get some sleep. Until next time. . . 




New hair! Inverted bob -- I love it!! Late night photo isn't too flattering, though! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment