Sunday, December 9, 2012

It Fit!!



            Another week is set to begin, and I am ready to tackle it.  It is going to be a busy one, for sure.  This quarter of PhD courses ends Friday, and I am SO in need of a break! However, after the craziness of the last two weeks, I am feeling a TON better and realize that the gas that I’ve thought that I had was actually the ulcers.  I still get tired, but not to the extent of the absolute run down exhaustion that I was feeling.  If there is such a thing, it is just normal tiredness.  LOL.
            I had a great experience the other day shopping, too.  As it turned out, I went to my husband’s work Christmas party even though he couldn’t go; he was Dj’ing another Christmas party.  I have friends who work there, too, so when an extra ticket was available, they thought of me.  They are so good to me! At any rate, I had to find something to wear and ended up at Fashion Bug.  They are going out of business, so I was able to get some great deals since I needed to buy new clothes anyway --- I am now a size 12!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOT!!!!!
            I filled my arms and went to the dressing room.  I was so excited as things fit that I actually had a good time shopping for the first time in forever.  I even tried on a dress. That’s right – A DRESS.  And it fit!!!! I ended up wearing it to the party and danced the night away.  Of course, the only picture I have is of me in the fitting room because I sent one to my hubby.  I plan to wear it New Year’s Eve, so I will post pics then, for sure.
            The party was fun, too.  Eating and drinking were a non-issue, as I am discovering.  Food and drink do not dictate having fun, and it feels so much better to not be stuffed to the gills and uncomfortable.  I had ¾ of a caramel appletini, a coffee, and a few nibbles each of Caesar salad, breaded chicken, rice with veggies, garlic potatoes, linguini salad, prime rib, and dessert.  Everything was fantastic, but I pushed my plate away and enjoyed the dancing and company.  Afterward, I went out with my friends and Glenn joined us.  I ordered a glass of wine, but, after a few sips, gave it to Glenn.  I was perfectly content without it.  Life has really taken on new meaning and a new direction. 
            And on that thought I will end . . . until tomorrow. . . 


It fit!!! 


We stopped to see the Creche in Pittsburgh before heading home from our Gateway Clipper party.  Beautiful way to reflect on the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment