Sunday, November 11, 2012

Need More Hours in a Day!

     Well, true to form, it is well after midnight and I am still attempting to cross things off of the to-do list; however, I have come to terms with that fact that I am simply not going to get everything accomplished by the end of today.  I need to try and get some sleep tonight since I have my first "big" presentation tomorrow in front of the entire faculty of my building.  YIKES!  I hope that they are nice to me, lol.  It is part of my internship, and I am excited about it, but definitely a bit nervous.  This is a big step for me as far as my role in the building.  I will not be sitting in the audience taking in the information being shared; I will be the one sharing the information!  I know that this is what I want to do, though, because I enjoyed putting the presentation together and preparing for what I need to say.  Fingers crossed and wish me luck! 
     Although I have not accomplished nearly what was on my to-do list and am going to have to take advantage of extensions granted to me by my professors because of Gram's funeral and other things this past week, I don't want to get too far behind.  I feel like I have been behind since the quarter started! Tomorrow, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I need to hunker down and get some work done!   Saturday, too, but I'd like to be able to clean the house and take care of things around here Saturday.  I hate when I can't keep up with the cleaning.  Sunday I am going to see Warhorse in Pittsburgh with Greg and other friends.  So excited!! The reviews for the show have been fabulous, and I can't wait to see the awesomeness of the horse, which is a puppet.  I know, sounds strange, right? I will definitely let you know what I think. :-)
     On a really bright note, I am done with the 190s!!!!! This morning I weighed 189.8!  Not that far out of the 190s, and I may venture into them a bit for the next few days as my weight evens out, but they are no longer the norm!  WOOT!  I can't believe it!  I caught up on some sleep Friday night and for a short nap Saturday, and I think that truly made the difference.  My body was able to relax and heal itself a bit, and the weight came off.  I know that I need to make a better effort to get the sleep that I need, but sometimes that is just too hard to do with school and classes. I had to drop out of the Christmas show that I was planning to do because I just couldn't do it.  Rehearsals would have put me over the edge, and I need the time to get caught up and try to get back on some semblance of a track.  
     Eating has been better the last two days, too.  I didn't eat much of anything Friday.  It was just a sad day and I wasn't in the mood for much food.  I got more yogurt, though, and I love the Fage yogurt.  Lots of protein and very satisfying.  Plus, it is soft and easy on my stomach.  I made some orzo with chicken and pesto sauce tonight, and it was good on the tummy, too.  Granted, I didn't eat a lot of the orzo, but it was nice to add a bit of something soft to go with the chicken.  I have been craving a salad, though.  I can't wait until I can have a grilled chicken salad. Yum! 
     With that, it is time to get some sleep.  I have a big day tomorrow, and I would like to have it be as successful and productive as possible. So, until then, my friends . . . 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment