Monday, November 5, 2012

Long Days, Past, Present, and Future

     I must start by sending my love and prayers to my husband and his family as they cope with the loss of their Grandma and Mother.  Grandma, you always made me feel so welcome and I thank you for that.  I will think of you every time I have a grilled cheese sandwich (even if it is a small, small one).  Rest in Peace and enjoy the new leg of your journey, where you will feel no pain and be reunited with your friends and family who have gone before you. 
     Fingers crossed that my computer which decided to crap out on me tonight can be repaired.  The time of day battery died again.  Ugh.  I need to get it fixed ASAP because I want to fix the video I made for the funeral home and ALL of my work is on there.  I was in the middle of doing some work tonight and BOOM it shut down.  My hubby totally rocks, though, and gave me his other computer.  Since he isn't DJ'ing much anymore, he doesn't need a back-up per se, so I am going to take over the the computer that was pretty much rebuilt a few months ago.  I am  already on the search for a purple cover. :-) He is just too damn good to me.  
     The last few days have been a bit rough.  The schedule is a bit insane at the moment and, quite frankly, I feel like I am sinking a bit.  I need to get in gear.  I feel like I make a dent in the work, and then I turn around and twenty more things have been added to it.  If I find out who keeps adding those things to my list when I'm not looking, so help me. . . . ;-) I was up until 3:00 this morning doing some work, and tonight I crossed several things off of my to-do list that weren't important, but I just wasn't able to concentrate tonight.  Thinking about Gram and Glenn and taking care of those I love.  Then, the computer died, so that pretty much decided that not much could get done tonight. 
     My stomach has not been too happy with me, either, but I think that the craziness and schedule have affected that more than I want to admit.  Lunch did not stay with me today, but I know that at school I eat too fast because I only have about 20-25 minutes to each lunch.  Dinner was pretty good and I was able to eat it without too much trouble.  I made an adapted version of the bacon and swiss quiche from Leach's book.  I used a frozen pie crust and layered some shredded cheese on the bottom.  Then, I added Jimmy Dean lean sausage crumbles, broccoli, turkey bacon, onion, and red pepper.  I mixed the egg, milk, pepper, kosher salt, and nutmeg and poured it on top.  I baked it for quite a while, at least an hour, but it was rather yummy!  I have leveled out at around 193, but I know why I may have a few extra pounds now. ;-) I have been trying to stick to soft foods as much as possible because my stomach seems to like those much better.  Definitely need to get more yogurt. :-)
      Tomorrow I have a computer workshop after school until 6:45, and then I MUST come home and do LOTS AND LOTS of work.  Please send good mojo to my laptop so that it can be fixed and returned quickly tomorrow so that I can begin the process of transferring everything to this computer.  I do have a back-up, but I don't remember if I backed up this week, and I think that I may start to use an online back-up, too, . . remember, lots of good mojo!  
     Not a very exciting blog tonight, but I must end.  Going to vote before work tomorrow in case I get held up after the workshop.  So, until tomorrow. . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment