Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Bought a Coat!!!



           I bought a new winter coat today!!!  Now, to some of you that may not seem like a big deal, but I haven’t had a winter coat in over 10 years.  Being overweight, coats just felt bulky and uncomfortable, so I never wore them.  I had a denim jacket that I wore -- that was it.  Today, I bought a new denim jacket AND a real winter coat!  Another milestone in my journey - buying a winter coat at Walmart, off-the-rack, XL. I wore that coat right outta the store, one because I was so freaking proud of myself, and two, because it was so freaking cold!!!
            Eating today was hit or miss.  I had a couple coffees (Keurig and Starbucks), a bit of the leftover chili, a mozzarella cheese stick, a tiny bit of wedding soup, a cupcake, and a tiny bit of peanut butter.  Odd combinations, I know, but things just haven’t been sitting well with me and I’ve felt really gassy and bloated, so I have to go back and forth to see what I can handle and what I can’t.  It wasn’t the best day, but I don’t feel hungry at all.  I still need to work on drinking more clear liquids, though. I just don’t do it enough.  I did eat two popsicles last night, so that may be a way for me to get some clear liquid into the system, but I just need to step it up a notch as far as that goes. 
            Today I had a phone conference about my internship for my PhD program, and I feel so much better about it!  I revamped it so that I am able to take on more of a leadership role in a few areas at school.  My supervisor and professor were really happy with the ideas, and I am stoked about the whole thing.  It will be a challenge, but a rewarding one that will give me authentic experience for what I want to do in the future.  It would be great if I could be a curriculum director for the district, but that is not going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.  I definitely need a bit more experience before I am ready to take on that role, and I think that the internship will provide that experience. 
            I also got my tattoo in memory of my kitty, Puck.  I know I sound like a broken record, but damn, do I miss that cat.  It’s perfect, and the perfect memory of him.  I can see it and hold it right to my heart. 
            I didn’t get home until almost 9:00, so unfortunately after unpacking the groceries, paying bills, and taking care of some other household chores, there isn’t much time left for “rel work”.  I will have to pick up the pace tomorrow so that I do not get too far behind this week.  I want to be able to go out and enjoy my hubby’s band Saturday night at the Youngwood Fire Hall.  If you are a local reader, come on out! We can dance to some great music!
            On that note, I am going to close and get some sleep.  Until tomorrow. . . 



Latest "After" Shot, sporting my Halloween gear


My tattoo, You will always be my kitty <3



My buddy was always right by my side, no matter how late into the night I worked.



No comments:

Post a Comment