Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shopping, and Cooking, and Decorating, Oh My!


            Another long, long day, but a productive one.  I am literally aching and sore all over.  I have been on my feet since 2:30 this afternoon.  I visited with a friend for an hour or so, bought a baby gift at Target (Woo Hoo, Jen and Mike!), and then did the grocery shopping.  As soon as I got home and got everything put away, I made Glenndini some oatmeal cookies.  It is a Weight Watchers recipe, and pretty yummy.  It uses apples and Splenda blend brown sugar.  Then, I put the stuffed mushrooms I bought for him in the oven with some sauce and blue cheese.  Then, I made the pizza casserole from Susan Leach’s book for dinner/lunches for the next couple days.  THEN, I made the spiced pumpkin custard from her book, too.  I haven’t tried one of those yet; however, the pizza bake was really tasty, even without the fennel seed.  Giant Eagle did not have fennel seed, so I will be on the lookout for it in other stores since she claims it really adds to the taste of the meal.  I only ate a scrambled egg with cheese, a small bit of the pizza bake, and sipped on my pumpkin shake from yesterday.  I have been trying to drink water all day, but just don’t have room.  I have to get some more protein in during the day, but it is taking a while to transition to those softer foods without feeling too full, too fast.  If that happens, I don’t want anything. I will have to add protein powder to more of my meals. Gotta keep working on it until I get it right!
            As soon as I was finished with baking, dinner, and clean-up, I decorated the house -- inside and out -- for Halloween.  I love to decorate and I haven’t done it for a few years because of being in a show, having PhD courses, and the house being in various stages of renovation.  This year, I decided that I was going to decorate no matter what.  It was a lot of work and I am whooped, but I am glad that I did it.  I’d like to get a few more pieces, but we will see what I can find that fits in with what I have.  It doesn’t hurt that purple is a Halloweeny color, either. LOL  I didn’t do any extra exercise today, but I feel like the amount of walking and working around the house that I have done is sufficient.  Believe me, my body feels as if I worked out for hours. 
            This morning I was down to 207.4, which was pretty cool, and I tried on a pair of lounging pants that my Mom gave me -- a size 14/16.  Guess what? THEY FIT!  I haven’t worn that size in over 10 years!!!  It was an awesome feeling.  I am going to wear them tomorrow night to my computer training, though, so I didn’t wear them while shopping. My pants kept falling down all day -- it was pretty bad.  I think I need to stop wearing some of my clothes because they are just getting too big.  I did buy a new belt, and it is a bit too small right now.  However, it won’t be long until it fits, and I am sure it will fit by the time I go back to school.  I have a belt to use in the meantime.  Even the shirt that I am wearing now is a 14/16 and it is a bit loose.  It has never been this loose, though, so I am beginning to feel a difference and notice the way that my body is changing. It is good to feel that difference, too, because it is just another spark in the motivation.
            I am kind of nervous to see some of my co-workers tomorrow at the computer training, though.  It will be so weird to see them in my new body.  I mean, most of them have never known me at this weight.  To them, I have always been overweight.  I am excited, but, contrary to popular belief, I don’t like to be the center of attention.  Sure, when I am on stage or performing, but as Lisa, not so much.  I miss my friends, though, so I am looking forward to seeing them.  Wish me luck!
            Well, I am running out of steam, so it is time to close for the day.  Which means, until tomorrow. . . 

1 comment: