Monday, October 8, 2012

Gotta Keep Pushing On


The Internet is back!  The Comcast tech was here on time, and not only fixed us up with wireless, but also fixed the TV connections so that we have much better picture.  Thanks, Comcast guy!  Of course, with the Internet fixed, I had to do some work this morning, so I did get a few things accomplished (like cleaning the oven) before I took a nap.  Glenn went hunting after work, so I did a few things around the house.  I made him stuffed hot peppers for dinner, but this time put some of the seeds and crushed red pepper flakes in with the ground turkey.  Also, I included onions, green pepper, and red pepper.  I sprinkled some crumbled blue cheese on top, too.  I made the shrimp spread from Leach’s book, but I am not a fan -- too much of an onion flavor from the scallions.  I am so bummed. I was looking forward to it so much!!  I hope Glenndini likes it, or I will have to be creative about a use for it.  I hate to throw it away.
            I spent the evening doing work for PhD courses and trying to not feel so overwhelmed.  I did make a pretty big dent in the list, so I am feeling better.  I am hoping that when I get back to work and rehearsal and course work and forensics and . . .well, you get the picture . . . .that I will feel an increase in my motivation and focus.  I know that not taking my depression/anxiety med is probably still a factor in my inability to focus and absence of motivation to return to work, but I am hoping that it is also a case of “doing nothing” equaling “not wanting to do anything”.  Does that make sense?  It is nice to be able to take care of the house, laundry, cleaning, pack lunches, etc. rather than have them hanging over my head, but I know that not having to HAVE to have things done plays a factor in not getting them done.  I just want to be able to enjoy things, and I know that when I get back to work, things will become insanely busy again.  I don’t like the feeling of guilt I experience when I go to see the band instead of stay home to grade papers or do course work.  It is just a matter of finding that balance and ways to cope that work for me - without the help of medication.
            Tomorrow I am going to “get purpled” -- my hair done.  I have to stop at the YWCA Thrift Shop in Greensburg, too, to find some clothes to wear.  I need to do that for work, and I don’t want to buy new clothes every time I need a new size.  I need some new shoes, too, but I think that my feet have lost weight.  Is that possible?   Were even my feet fat?  Geez.  Then, I need to stop at Unique Ink to drop off/discuss the tattoo.  As my Facebook post noted, I narrowed the lyric, and I think that I may end up with both.  I just can’t decide, and I do like both.  They both have a place in my heart and who I am as a person.  Definitely need to talk to the artist and figure it out.  Tomorrow night the band is at Teddy’s in Irwin for an acoustic show.  I am really going to try and go.  I may have to take the laptop and do some work, but that is okay.  I can have a decaf and enjoy some good tunes. :-) Glenn is going hunting again after work, so if he gets a deer, he may not make it.  Might be a true acoustic show, LOL.  But we will be eatin’ good if so!!
            Well, I am going to read a bit for enjoyment before I try to get some sleep.  Until tomorrow. . . 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lisa, you do lose weight in your feet.. I lost a whole shoe size once, and couldn't understand what happened when I went to the shoe store and nothing fit.. The clerk just laughed.

    ReplyDelete