Monday, October 15, 2012

Welcome Back!


            Wow, today was a long day!  I got home from my first day back to school around 5:30, changed into comfy clothes, tried to eat some dinner but it wasn’t sitting too well, and crashed on the couch until around 9:45.  Drool on the pillow and everything.  I am wiped out, but I have to do some PhD work and get some things ready for tomorrow.  Hopefully, I can get to bed around 1:00 - 1:30. 
            I have a doctor appointment after school tomorrow, so I need to scoot out of the building really fast. Ugh. That is never fun.  It is so hard to leave on time because it takes a few minutes to get things ready for the next day.  I hate walking into my room without things ready to go.  I hate that about anything, really.  Waking up to dishes being done or the living room being disheveled . . . it just makes my day feel like it is already off to a rocky start.  When I get home in the evening, I need to make a much better effort to not crash on the couch so that I can get some work completed.  I know that it will take a bit of time to adjust to a new schedule with a new body chemistry, but I don’t want it to take too long.  I want to get out of the rut of Work-Nap-Work-Sleep-Work, etc.  I would like to be able to sleep like a normal person so that I can inject a bit of enjoyment into my evenings. 
            Work went well today.  It was good to see so many wonderful friends who are genuinely happy for me and the changes that I am making.  I didn’t eat too much today, though.  My stomach just wasn’t happy.  Of course, it could be the cramps. Who knows.  I ate a few bites of cottage cheese with pureed pears, a cheese stick, one bite of left over scallops, a few bites of sugar-free pudding with protein powder, a BelVita cracker, a few bites of chicken with ricotta and sauce, a few pizza bites, a Weight Watchers mini iced cream sandwich, and a piece of sugar-free Twizzler.  Now, mind you, a few bites for me is using a baby spoon. Literally about ¼ of a teaspoon.  I might have to go back to some softer foods for a bit until I adjust to the new schedule.  The ice cream and pudding were so much easier to digest and felt good in my belly, but nothing else was like that which is why I had a bite of this and a bite of that.  Everything together probably added up to the size of one chicken breast -- even though it sounds like I ate a ton.  Got in all of the vitamins, too.  I didn’t get much water in today, either, but I sipped and sipped all day long.  Real coffee in the morning, two decafs throughout the day, and my Nalgene with me at all times. :-) Overall, not the best day as far as eating is concerned, but it ended better than it began. 
            Work went well, too. I had a few moments in the middle of the day where I was so glad to have Katie (my sub) with me because she was able to take over and I could have a bit of a break.  I was dizzy a bit in the afternoon, too, but I am sure that is because I was moving around and not able to eat or drink as much as I wanted to do throughout the day.  I was able to get through the Forensic practice, too, and there was a big group of kids there, so I am hoping that it stays that way.  It is tons more work, but tons more fun to have a lot of kids involved, as opposed to one or two. Actually makes it more of a team and competitive atmosphere.  The kids seemed to be pretty good, too, and a few classes I can tell will be a lot of great discussion. So, I am back in the saddle again. . . feels like I never left, in a way.
            Time to get to bed and try this sleeping thing again. Until tomorrow. . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment