Friday, October 5, 2012

Great Friday


            Well, this has been a long, busy day, but a good one.  Last night, I crashed around 9:30 and didn’t wake up until 7:00 this morning.  It was a quick cup of pumpkin spice coffee before the house cleaning began.  Scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming, . . . ugh.  Then, I was off for some errands.  I stopped at Unique Ink and ordered a new nose stud -- purple rhinestone -- and scheduled an appointment to get some artwork for my poppies and U2 lyric tattoo.  Yippee!  Once I get that one, I will get one for Puck.  I am still not sure where I want that one, so I am holding off until I figure it out.  The poppies and lyrics will be on my foot/ankle. 
            We had a few people over tonight -- my parents, friend Greg, and friends Gary & Angela & their son Bry -- for a small campfire. I made some turkey chili, which was really good, and bought stuff for s’mores.  I even enjoyed a few bites of a s’more and a piece of chocolate, as well as a few sips of wine and a bit of margarita.  I felt fine.  Now I certainly wasn’t guzzling anything or eating a complete serving of anything, but it did feel good to know that I could have a taste of things while at a party or something.  We sat around the fire pit and BS’ed for awhile.  No rain spoiled the evening, either. :-)
            Tomorrow is a busy day, too.  A baby shower and a band performance to see.  I hope to get a few things done in the morning, but I am not sure how early I will be climbing out of bed.  I have been on the go since I woke up, and a looking forward to going to bed soon.  Sunday will be auditions for McKeesport Little Theater’s children’s shows for Christmas.  I know that it will be a lot of work, but I really miss it.  Plus, PhD courses start again Tuesday, so I need to get into the course rooms and print the all of the information and weekly lessons.  Time to really think about balance again.
            This morning the scale read 203.8 but I am sure that after tonight it may be up a bit.  Not that I ate a lot but I did have more sugary types of food than normal.  I have done a ton of walking this week, along with cleaning and decorating, so exercising is becoming a good thing.  Monday begins the workout schedule.  I know that I was planning to do some of the days for the end of this week, but time is running out.  I feel much better today; my back is not nearly as sore as it has been throughout the beginning of the week.  Thank goodness!  The pain was really starting to become unbearable.  It must have known that I bought some Tylenol, lol.  I called the Dr. to see what I was allowed to take, and Sandy told me that I am allowed topicals and Tylenol, but no anti-inflammatories or steroids.  I didn’t ask about cold medicines, but that will be the question for when I have a cold.
            Well, not much to share today, but it has gotten much later and I am in need of sleep.  So, until tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment