Thursday, October 11, 2012

Great Day

     Today was a long day, but a good one.  My phone did not charge overnight because the charger was not working, so I did not wake up until later than I had wanted.  I spent the morning taking care of some paperwork and doing discussion posts for PhD courses.  Then, it was time to get ready for our evening out.  We met friends for dinner and then went to see Craig Ferguson at The Palace.  Dinner was yummy - we went to J. Corks.  I ordered a scallops dinner and ate two of the scallops with three of the green beans;  it was scrumptious.  I even had a bit of white wine and a bite of hot pretzel appetizer.  The dinner came with mac-n-cheese, gourmet of course, and I had one little noodle.  It was good, but I didn't want to overeat and be miserable during the show.  It was so nice to relax with good friends and just talk and hang out.  
      The show was hilarious, and I laughed the entire time.  Ferguson is a nut, that's for sure.  He was just going and going the entire time.  His opening act was the guy who is the voice behind Geoff, the skeleton robot on his show.  I will never hear Morgan Freeman's voice the same way again, LOL.  They were a bit raunchy, but funny.  I would definitely go see them again. 
      Tomorrow I will be going to school for Open House.  I am a bit nervous, for sure.  I am going to get to school around 3:00 so that I can work in my room prior to Open House and get ready for Monday, as I said.  I think that getting back into a routine will be the best way to help me start to get a grip on things again.  I know that when I don't have to do anything, I tend not to, so I am hoping that is my biggest issue at the moment.  When I won't have tomorrow to work on something, I might feel more motivated to get things done today.  Only time will tell. 
      Well, it is time to try and sleep, if I can get comfortable and fend of gas and back pains for a bit.  Until tomorrow. . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment