Thursday, October 18, 2012

Almost Friday!

        Well, I made it through the first week! I am utterly worn out, exhausted, but it will feel great to have a full week under my belt after tomorrow.  The kids have been great so far, and it really doesn't feel like I have been gone that long. But it is definitely busy, busy, busy, as expected.  Yesterday was a rough day. I woke up and did not feel too swift from the get-go because Monday and Tuesday were both late nights.  I couldn't even get my contacts in -- my eyes just wouldn't let me put them in. I ended up getting sick after eating some egg whites for lunch, and just never felt right the rest of the day.  
       Today was a much better day.  I had some sliced turkey and a cheese stick for breakfast/lunch, my morning coffee, three pieces of sugar free licorice, two and a half veggie "nuggets" with some mango salsa, one of the ice cream mini-sandwiches, and two BelVita crackers/cookies.  I have been getting in a lot of fluid today, too, which is good.  I know that I need to focus on getting more to drink.  
        I stopped at the YWCA Thrift Store after school today and bought a few things to wear.  I was pretty happy.  It took me an hour and a half to look through everything, try clothes on, and purchase.  I was so tired of putting clothes on and taking them off by the end of that time, though.  It was nice to be buying up those smaller sizes, but the time that it takes to shop is crazy.  I do need to get a few more tops, though, so that I really can switch things up a bit.  I don't want to be wearing the same five outfits each week, LOL.  I got home and did a bit of work while the band practiced.  Now, I am getting ready to get to sleep. I am falling asleep while I type . . . .
        Overall, I am feeling pretty good.  Exercise is not going well this week, but I am going to try an be okay with that at the moment because I am trying to get ready to being back to work and my crazy schedule.  I seem to have hit a slump, and have wavered between 199.8 and 200 for a few days.  I have been uber-stressed about my PhD work this week, so I am sure that hasn't helped too much.  I am still not on any meds, which is what I want, even though a kick of Zoloft would probably do me some good right now. I am still determined to get through this without and meds and with everything doing well. 
       And, with that, I must end.  I have just nodded off while typing.  Oops. :-) 
       Until tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment