Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hump Day Happenings


            Hello, Friends!  Last night was another night that just snuck up on me and I was tuckered out from a busy day.  I haven’t felt 100% the last couple of days -- probably because I completely overdid it on Monday.  But I like having my Halloween decorations up and ready to be enjoyed.  At any rate, I had not slept much Monday night, so yesterday kicked my butt.  I did walk on the treadmill and do some arm weights when I woke up, ate an egg for breakfast, packed my computer and school bag, got ready, and headed to school for the workshop.  Afterwards, I had to stop for a few groceries that I had forgotten on Monday.  I hate that - I have a list, and I STILL forget things.  Grr.  Anyway, it was nice to see my friends from school, and once the workshop started, I slipped right back into my old self, joking and asking questions, and trying to lighten the mood so-to-speak.  I mean, who wants to sit through three hours of computer training after working all day, right?  I did learn a few things, though, so I was happy with it.  Of course, since I am developing two online courses, I had a higher stake in the workshop than most.  I don’t know that I am ready to go back to school whole-hog, but I don’t really have a choice now, do I? LOL. 
            When I got home, I did a few odds-and-ends while watching the NCISes with Glenndini, had a snack, and promptly realized that I needed to sleep.  I woke up this morning with an incredible back ache so after I packed Glenndini’s lunch, I went back to bed with a heating pad that didn't do the trick, so I switched to Icy Hot.  I think that I finally fell asleep from exhaustion.  When I finally rolled out of bed, I knew that exercise was not happening.  I did some paperworky types of things, made some phone calls, and then went to pick up my niece to go out for her “birthday date”.  I started taking my niece and nephew out for their birthdays so that we could have dinner, visit, and then they could shop for their own present.  Caitlin has grown into such a beautiful, intelligent young woman, and I truly had a great time just being with her.  I am so blessed that at 15 (OMG!  FIFTEEN!!!) that she still wants to spend time with “Aunt Lis”.  We talked about going to see Frankenweenie next weekend with Ryan, and then having a sleepover.  That would be fabulous, so I hope it works out.  She and I used to watch Nightmare Before Christmas when she was only two and three, and she knew the entire movie off-by-heart.  Now, we can enjoy another Tim Burton creation. 
            I also tried on a “one-size-fits-all” shawl type of jacket and guess what?? It fit!  I didn’t try anything on except a couple pairs of shoes, but I was excited to think that I could find clothes to wear at JCP.  We played at Sephora, too, and I really hate to admit it, but I like to experiment with make-up and stuff.  For so long, I haven’t because I haven’t felt pretty or as if I should waste time and money on myself because I wouldn’t look good anyway.  Today, I wanted to have a full-blown make-over and buy so much stuff!  It was fun to play around with stuff. I might have to have a make-up service appointment so that I can learn a bit more about the various products that they sell. 
            Eating wasn’t a big deal today, either.  I had an egg, like I said, for breakfast.  We went to Eat-n-Park for dinner and they were great.  I ordered a piece of cod baked, in water.  My sides were cottage cheese and applesauce.  Of course, I only ate a few bites of each of the sides and half of the fish.  But it was good, and I was happy.  I had decaf, too, not even a whole cup.  Tonight, I had a piece of cheese with some hummus and a few Special K crackers.  I can use the hummus and cheese to crunch up the crackers really well.  And, my nightcap was a cookies and cream protein shake, recipe from Susan Leach.  I made it with chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla, and it is yummy, yummy. Of course, I only had a few sips and I am full, so I can look forward to finishing it tomorrow.  I use her book for the recipes, but I am pretty sure they can be found on her website, www.bariatriceating.com.  The foods are GOOD, but simply watch portion size, sugar and fat content, and carb count.  Glenndini has enjoyed everything that I have made so far, and we do not feel as if we are being shortchanged on taste at all.  Give some a try - you might be surprised! 
            Tomorrow is a busy day, too, but I need to spend some time getting some more work down for the online courses.  I made my to-do list, and I need to try and conquer it. Also, my friend sent the work out plan, so I want to hit that running.  I can start it on Sunday according to the schedule, but I can still do the days for the remainder of this week to get into a routine.  So, I am going to end this and try to get to sleep before it is more tomorrow than it already is. 
            Until tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment