Friday, October 12, 2012

Full Day with Another on Deck. . .

        Another busy couple of days, with more busy days ahead!  Last night I returned from Open House and   was simply exhausted.  I checked my email, ate a small snack, and went directly to bed.  I had a hard time keeping my eyes open by the time I crawled into bed.  Open House went well, which was expected.  It's such a quick evening, and by the time you get started, each 10 minute period is over.  I got to school around 3:20 - right when the busses were leaving and did see a few kids.  It was good to see them.  A student stayed after to help me switch out back-to-school decorations to Halloween decorations, and I put away the things that I had brought to school.  After an hour, it felt as if I'd never left.  Just like that. I am not certain that I am completely ready to go back, but I am at least ready to go back for Monday.  Tomorrow I will type up my lesson plans and be ready to go on Monday.
        Today was another busy day, for sure.  I woke up and spent two hours -- yes, two hours -- going through the stack of mail that I brought home with me from school.  Ugh. Then, it was some paperwork for Capella and PhD course work.  Next was actual PhD homework.  Cleaned the car, did some laundry, then got ready to go with a friend to another friend's show.  Dinner was yummy!  I had grilled tilapia with crab and shrimp and a glass of wine.  Well, I drank 2/3 of the wine and brought home the veggies, potatoes, and over half of the fish.  It will be a nice meal or two or three, LOL, for tomorrow.  In the morning, the repair folks are supposed to be here in the morning to check out the stove, and then I need to go out and do some serious shopping. Groceries, for sure, but I need to get some more clothes.  I definitely need more than the one pair of pants that I have right now.  I am a bit nervous about shopping, though, because it is going to take quite a while.  I hope to hit a few thrift stores tomorrow, instead of just retail.  Wish me luck!
         I will say that it has felt fabulous to be wearing my new size 14 pants the last two days.  I found a pair of black pants and a pair of jeans at Macy's that are really comfortable.  Of course, they were on clearance and I probably won't find them again, LOL, but I will need new sizes in a month or so anyway.  I don't want to wear my bigger clothes anymore after wearing the ones that fit.  It would be like going backwards!  It helps me see the progress that I have made, absolutely.  I noticed Wednesday night at the Ferguson show and tonight at the theater that I fit into the seats easier, too.  I wasn't cramped, and I didn't feel as if I was a sausage stuffed into a too-small casing.  It was a wonderful feeling and was another key to my recognizing my progress.
         The time has come to end for the night and get some sleep for another big day tomorrow.  Date night with Glenndini is tomorrow, too.  Going to dinner and to sing some karaoke. :-)
        Until tomorrow. . .
       

No comments:

Post a Comment