Sunday, November 18, 2012

Still Losing!


            The weight slowly creeps away. . . down to 186.2. :-D    I need this good news in the midst of all of the catch-up that I am playing with work and courses.  It feels good to know that I am making progress and feeling better.  Well, my stomach is still gassy and gets really angry with me, but for the most part, I know why it is happening.  One, I think that I am eating too quickly, and two, I am not getting enough sleep.  Friday night I got home from work and went to take a nap at approximately 4:45.  Guess what time I woke up?  6:30 in the morning!!! I slept hard, too, and never heard Glenn get home, get ready to go to the band’s gig, come home, --- NOTHING.  I only woke up because he turned on the flashlight app on his phone when he came upstairs after falling asleep on his chair, LOL.  That flashlight app is loud, holy moly!  At any rate, I was upset for a bit because I wasted so much time and didn’t get any work done Friday night, but then I realized that it was good for my body and was grateful for the rest. 
            Now I need to find time to go shopping again!  I know that most people would be excited about that, but I am not a shopper because it is too stressful with money and all that jazz to keep buying new things.  Even the yoga pants are too big! I need new pants, for sure because I know that I am down a size.  I am hoping to find a few hours over Turkey Day break to hit up some thrift stores and maybe Gabe’s.  I need to focus on a few pair of pants and a pair of jeans – try to avoid buying too much.  Then, I can sell the ones that I have.  As much as I do not look forward to shopping, it is rewarding to see the surgery and hard work paying off.  Deep down inside I am jumping up and down and screaming like a child on Christmas morning!
            I spent the entire Saturday at my desk, though, and was able to get quite a bit accomplished.  Did the household, paper-worky type things, caught up on my educational newsletter reading, and a few other tasks.  Then, I cranked out two papers throughout the day.  I mean ALL day and didn’t go to bed until close to 4:00 a.m.  But I felt so much better knowing that I was almost caught up with PhD course work. Today, I worked for the morning and then took a break and went to see Warhorse.  OMG! THE SHOW IS ABSOFRIGGENLUTELY AMAZING!!!! It was such an emotional show, with plenty of laugh lines to break up the tension, but by far one of the best shows that I’ve seen in awhile. I went with West Apple Tours, and we had dinner at Del's before the show.  It's Italian, so there wasn't a lot that I could eat, but I had a few pieces of pasta, a small piece of bread, and a meatball.  I had a few bites of chicken marsala and some potatoes, but they were way too rich.  It was the perfect amount. :-)   So, now I am back at it, listening to the Steelers (and Glenn) in the background.  Come on, boys!!!
            Well, this is an early post, but I want to get back to this paper and maybe get it done early enough to sleep well tonight.  Short week and then I get to decorate for Christmas. So, until tomorrow. . .  

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been way too busy gf..I dont know how you do it all.I have been working a lot but I have been wondering if my travel and pay equal to it being a worthwhile job??Im so happy for you and how far you have come on your journey.I am down 11 lbs so far but I just dont see it yet :( hopefully soon.I dont worry about the holidays and eating so much as Im really not a sweet eater.Have a super terrific Thanksgiving gf,hope to see you soon..Much love

    ReplyDelete