Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Night, Night!


               Down to 189. :-D  And, my clothes are once again getting too big!  I had to wear a belt with my pants today, and I haven’t had to wear one with my new pants until now.  It is a great feeling, but I do feel guilty about the money that I will have to spend to buy more clothes.  Granted, I will go to thrift stores, but it still seems like such a waste that I have to buy new clothes already.  It does feel fabulous, though, I’m not going to lie.  I was sitting at my desk tonight and looked down at my thighs.  I can see the difference!   Plus, yesterday, at one point during my presentation I was sitting with my legs crossed and I realized that only a short time ago I would not have been able to do that!  It really does feel good.
                Another stage that I have added to the journey is biotin supplements and using protein-enhanced shampoo to avoid hair loss. Because I am not eating a lot which means that I am not getting my 80 grams of protein a day, I run the risk of losing my hair. Therefore, at my hairdresser’s (thanks, Gwen) recommendation I am now taking a biotin supplement each day and using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner.  The last two times that my hair has been dyed, my scalp has been dry and taken on a lot of dye, and my hair has taken the dye differently.  Even though I haven’t noticed a huge change in the amount of hair lost, I wanted to be sure and “nip that in the bud” before it becomes an issue.
                The last two nights have been extremely late ones; however, I have made a dent in the huge to-do list for PhD work.  I am finished for the night and heading to bed as soon as I post this blog.  I am loving the internship work that I am doing, which makes me want to work on curriculum and instruction types of responsibilities even more!  I have a plan for how I am going to approach the next trimester group, and I want to get started, but I have to be patient and prioritize.  Doing the presentation yesterday to my colleagues really gave me a taste of what it is I want to do in the future, and now I am just anxious to get there!  The next year and a half better go by quickly! J
                Well, it is time to get some rest for a few hours.  I am in this weird state of flux where I am feeling settled into the craziness of my schedule, overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to happen for my courses, and drowned in the amount of work that I need to do for my job. . . but the prospect of Christmas decorating and the great things that I can accomplish with all of my work are helping me cope with everything.  So, on that happy note, I will end.  Until tomorrow. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment