Friday, September 7, 2012

Getting Closer!


            Another good day, but I have gotten pretty sore as the day progressed.  I am sure that I have been pulling and stretching a bit too much, but didn't do any damage.  I am just still healing and may have overdone it just a tad.  It is so hard for me to just sit and not do anything.  Sure, I can read, cross-stitch, do homework, but sore sitting is worse than sore moving.  I have had a small cough as well.  Not sure what that is all about.  Plus, our friend Randy came over to do some bow shooting and update the DJ computers, and the three of us were laughing a lot.  I have been pushing myself the last few days pretty hard, and I think it caught up to me tonight, too.  No matter because it will go way.
            On a really awesome note, I weighed myself tonight and I am at 220 even!!! WOOT!!! I was so psyched when I saw that number on the scale.  It has been at least five years since I weighed that number or less.  Talk about motivation!! I needed to see that kind of weight loss.  It sparked my desire to focus on moving around today and trying to get things accomplished. 
            Tomorrow night I am going out for the first time since surgery.  Glenndini has a show and there are several errands that need to be run.  I can’t drive so a friend is going to cart me around.  Or, drive Miss Daisy as we joked. :-)  I am a bit nervous because the weight loss is noticeable at this point and if I run into people that I know their reactions may be varied.  Some could be happy and excited, some could be awkward, some could be . . .who knows, but it all goes back to that Pretty Woman quote.  I will have to reinforce the behavior of simply saying thankful and being grateful when compliments are given.  Wish me luck!
            It is hard to believe that it has already been a week since I had surgery.  Boy, time does fly!  Alas, this is a short one because I am ready to cuddle up for a good night’s sleep and visions of a skinnier healthier me dancing in my head. G’night all.

1 comment:

  1. WHOOP WHOOP for the 220 gf!!!That is fabulous and you have every right to be super psyched,hell Im super psyched for ya <3.Dont be nervous hun,BE PROUD of all you have overcome,walk with your chest out(whats left of it anywho)and your head held high!!Love you girly <3

    ReplyDelete