Thursday, September 20, 2012

Keep 'em Crossed!


            Well, the computer is on the mend, thanks to Jason at Cyber Depot in Youngwood!  Apparently the hard drive crashed, and it was just a coincidence that the virus showed up at the same time.  So, we are getting a new hard drive, reloading the operating system, and then uploading any of the files that Jason is able to recover.  He was able to pull some, but no idea how many or which ones.  Still need fingers crossed for as much recovery as possible, but I feel a TON better that it wasn’t something that I did that crashed the laptop.  Not that I want anything to happen to it, but at least I know that I wasn’t the cause. At any rate, my baby’s computer is getting fixed.  I must thank my neighbor for making the guys at the Depot brownies as a thank you, though.  Her brownies rock! Thanks, Barb!
            I did not get my Wii in today, though.  I was so stressed over the computer issue and did not sleep well at all.  When I got home after taking it to the shop, I crashed until 8:00 p.m.!! Holy moly! So, I have been working on some other tasks -- listing items on eBay, working on cornices, etc.  Tomorrow is Wii day.  Also, I tried to hook up the new Comcast box downstairs in the workout area, but there is no cable there, LOL.  I was trying to hook it up to a cable wire, but it wasn’t connected to anything.  Oops.  I will have to work on that tomorrow.  Or, um, I will have to have Glenndini work on that tomorrow. :-)  I want to start working out so badly because I want it to be a habit before I go back to work, but I am still limited as far as what I can do.  I just need to get in there and get started, and take what I can do one step at a time.
            Eating has been pretty good, but today I just can’t find something that tastes good.  I tried to make some egg whites, turkey bacon, and cheese; I prepared everything and blended it.  It was okay, but just didn’t sit well.  It might have been the turkey bacon.  I had some pudding and a jello, but nothing else was clicking for me.  I am going to have some cream of wheat before I head to bed.  Can’t go wrong with cream of wheat, right?  I am anxious to start moving to some soft foods.  I meet with Dr. Z. on Monday, so I am excited to see what the next step will be in the diet journey.  I know the next stage is soft food, which will make it nice to not have to puree everything.  I will still need to take care to chew things really, really well and not take big bites, but I am learning to do that pretty easily.  I am going to have to put a baby spoon in my purse to use at restaurants to ensure that I am aware of the bites that I am taking.  I am really hungry for mashed potatoes, which are on the “stay away from” list, but I may get some to mix with chicken for the soft food stage. It will help to soften them up.  Need to check on that!
            Holy Moly!  It is chilly!  I refuse to turn the heat on, though.  I am excited to get the fire pit up and running in a week or so.  A friend is taking the ghetto pool, so when that is picked up, we can move the pit to that area and prepare for some evening fires and time spent with friends.  It is so relaxing to the just chill by the fire. 
            On that note, the time has come to pack Glenndini’s lunch and start wrapping up for the night/morning.  It will be great to cuddle up in the covers and get some shut eye so that I can prepare for what tomorrow brings.
            Until tomorrow . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment