Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pants on the Ground, LOL


            Hello friends! Today has been a full day, even though I do not feel as if I accomplished much.  I finished a paper, accomplished a few errands, went to the funeral home for a friend’s father, and hung out with my friend Greg.  We worked on making a care package for a mutual friend who is away from home and having a bit of a rough time.  It is funny and silly and should make him smile.  Then, Greg wrapped the basket that I put together for the benefit that Glenn’s band is playing Saturday.  Remember all of those awesome Christmas decorations at Greengate Mall and Westmoreland Mall?  And, do you know the stagecoach light display at Overly’s Country Christmas?  Yep - Greg’s work.  Needless to say, the basket’s bow is fabulous!!
            Tomorrow I have an appointment at LA Fitness with Steve.  He is going to show me the gym and discuss options.  When I was teaching in VA, I went to the gym every day after school, and many times on the weekends as well. Or, my friend Jill and I would go hiking or shopping or some other adventure.  I ran five+ miles at least twice a week, and was mindful of what I ate.  I didn’t deny myself anything, but if I had a day or weekend when I indulged, I would check myself for a few days to get back on track.  I would grab my Walkman (yes, I said Walkman) and go for a walk if I was having a bad day, instead of grabbing a pint of ice cream like I have done in recent years.  Well, no more!  I am going to learn to love exercise again as it helps me learn to love my body again.  Steve told me that a woman who recently had gastric bypass just signed up a few days ago; I may suggest that they do some marketing toward that constituency.  I mean, we are able to work out, but face it, most of us haven’t for many years.  Adding some nutrition counseling or things of that sort may get them some more business and form a “family” of gastric bypass folks who feel welcomed within the gym. 
            On a lighter note, my taste buds are reacquainting themselves with coffee and the love affair is rekindling.  :-D I am still limiting my caffeine intake by only having one or two cups of regular coffee a day, if that, but it is so nice to feel like myself again and enjoy a nice cup of joe.  Food-wise, I ate the same foods as yesterday - pureed chicken in cream soup and Cream of Wheat.  The dietician advises patients to introduce new foods back into the diet slowly in order to identify problem foods.  Too many foods at one time will not reveal which are problematic.  Tomorrow I am going to look at some other options, but I will think about that after some sleep.
            As I’ve said, I am so excited to go shopping, but I was really hoping to wait until the end of the month when I would need to get some clothes to wear to work.  However, I may have to buy a few things to get me through the month.  I have already rid my closet of my size 20s and 22s, but another closet purge is on the brink.  Tonight when getting dressed for the funeral home, everything I put on was too big.  Gosh, that was an incredibly fantabulous feeling, but one that made me realize that two weeks is a long time, and I may run out of clothes, lol.  I actually had to wear a belt to hold my size 18 pants on me and not on the ground!!! I’m telling you, my motivation just keeps getting stronger and stronger . . .
            Well, I am off to get a few winks before I begin my Wednesday.  Happy Hump Day!


These pants have not been loose EVER!  Woot! Woot!  

6 comments:

  1. looking wonderful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow babe you are really blowing right by me!!!Im so happy for you gf but in the same sense Im sad that my own journey is not as fast.I know in my heart Im doing right by my body and I didnt have the surgery,but you are looking fantastic.I will get there too,it takes time.Im still logging what I eat and getting my walking in everyday.I still stress over the job thing too,but I'll get there.Sorry I dumped on your blog,but I feel like I can talk to you without judgement..Keep up the super work,sending much love your way for a fabulous Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there, lady! Remember, I had surgery and that helps me lose faster because I can only eat about a 1/4 of a cup of food at a time. You are doing right by your body and your heart. Did you apply anywhere yet? Let me know and I will keep my ears open. No worries about dumping - we are all here to support one another! YOU CAN DO IT! No judging going on here at all. Not allowed.

      Good luck with your stress test - sending mojo!

      Delete