Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Day


           I loved today, even though it was a bit crazy at the start and I am a bit sore because I took my baby girl to the Animal Friends of Westmoreland Bandz for Bonez Benefit; she pulled me (literally) through the crowd.  I don’t think my abdomen was ready for her, lol.  Once there, her friends from the shelter babysat the “guest of honor” while I stayed inside and listened my hubby’s band.  I was only there for two hours, but it was enough to wipe me out.  I came home, had dinner, and crashed on the couch with Cira.  She was whooped, too.  LOL  I love this time of year, though.  As I posted on Facebook, I was curled up on the couch with a warm blanket, my doggy, a couple of kitties, working on a paper, watching Steelers football, with Glenndini snoring in the chair next to me.  The perfect Sunday night. 
            I made another milestone in eating today, too.  For lunch, I browned a small chicken breast on the George Forman grill, then pureed it with some cream of chicken soup, ultra skim milk, unflavored protein powder, and seasoning.  It was really yummy, and did not upset my stomach.  For dinner, I has some Cream of Wheat.  I LOVE Cream of Wheat, so I was excited about it.  I can guarantee that it is going to become a staple in my diet, no matter what.  I don't know why I don't eat it more often as it is. . . anyway, I mixed it with some ultra skim milk, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, and Splenda brown sugar.  I’m telling you, to die for.  Of course, Glenndini laughed at me when I told him I was excited about Cream of Wheat, but only in good fun.  He is so proud of me and supportive; there is no way that I could be getting through this without him by my side. 
            Tomorrow I have my first post-op appointment, as I said.  I am so excited and hope that I am doing as well as I feel that I am doing.  I have been making a list of questions to ask, but I am sure that I will forget some of them.  Also, for tomorrow’s blog I am going to post an updated picture, at the request of a reader.  Approximately every two weeks I will post an updated photo so that my progress can be documented.  I will try to wear the same outfit in each picture, until it becomes inappropriate to do so.  Today was the first day that I noticed a difference in my face.  Goodness! Maybe my double chin will be gone soon! :-) 
             A short entry today, but most of the day has been filled with writing a paper, so until tomorrow. . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Goodmorning my dear friend,Im sorry I missed your post yesterday,it was crazy here.Laundry day is always hectic(I wash ours and my friend's)wheew!!I wanted to go to the benefit but for got about it till later,I would have loved to see ya.There was a girl who works at supervalu that asked about Cira,cus my daughter told her I was friends with the band.I cant remember her name but she was one of the setter-uppers lol and she bar tends??Anywho I must say I am super duper proud of you sweetie,and I cant wait to see your pic.You have always been beautiful to me and now you are thinner.Yippee on the eating too gf.Sending much love and good mojo for doc visit today.Rock it out girl!!

    ReplyDelete