Monday, September 3, 2012

Sunday, Sunday


          Happy Sunday!  Today was a pretty good day and I have no complaints.  I have moved on to the Full Liquid/Liquids Only post-op diet after discovering that some of my soreness yesterday was not pain or gas, but hunger.  I was just feeling really uncomfortable and sore late last night, even after taking the pain meds, and none of my liquid options seemed to be doing the trick.  I decided to give some of my cream of broccoli soup a try.  I took three tablespoons, mixed it with some ultra skim milk, and heated it in the microwave for a few minutes.  Then, I strained it to get out any chunks or pieces of broccoli.  It was wonderful!  I felt better and realized that some of those aches were hunger pangs, not soreness.  I had more soup today, and some pudding with protein powder added to it before chilling.  It tasted fabulous, too.  I am not so keen on the jello with protein powder.  The consistency is just too weird.  I will add my protein powder to other foods, but the jello is just going to be straight jello, lol.  I still need to order a few bariatric cookbooks from Barnes & Noble, too, so that I can start to love food and prepare it correctly, rather than looking at it as a chore.
            I took a shower this morning and was wiped out.  I can't believe how much it took out of me.  I had to take a nap before I could start my class work.  I do have a bit of indigestion tonight, I think.  It could just be soreness from sitting at my desk and that darn gassiness.  It is rather uncomfortable, but I keep pushing through it because I really do need to get some of my course work completed.  I may call the doctor on Tuesday to see if there is something that I can take for it.  I know that constipation is a common problem post-surgery due to the pain killers and limited food intake, and I understand that it is a small price to pay for the wonderful changes that lie ahead of me, but if I don’t have to be any more uncomfortable than I already am, it will be worth the call.  I have been using my pedal exerciser, but it hasn’t helped too much.  On the bright side, I am getting exercise in!  
            Can I just say how excited I am to go shopping for new clothes?  I was day dreaming about going to Target and Gabe’s and the mall and Ross’s and. . . .well, you get the picture.  It will be so awesome to buy a belt that I can wear for fun and not because I need to hold my pants up over my belly.  I want to clean out my closet so badly, but my clothes are not big enough yet to get rid of them.  I don’t have plans to go many places at the moment, but I don’t want to get rid of things too early.  I have several pieces of clothing that I have saved from years ago, even though I know that I will want to start fresh, because I loved them and did feel that I looked good in them.  I have tried a few of them on, and I am getting so close to buttoning those jeans!! Another 15 to 20 pounds and I will be able to fit into the outfit that I wore the night that I met Glenn. <3  It will be a good day when I can meet him at the door in it! We might have to go out on the town to celebrate! Or, maybe I will just wear it to a Loyal Hanna show and surprise him. ;-) 

4 comments:

  1. I hope Im there to see the day you surprise him in it..You sound so upbeat and happy even with all the aches and pains right now.Im still not ready to go shopping yet,I have a ways to go,but if its supposed to happen it will.Sending lots of love your way.Happy Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will happen, lady, it will happen! Stay strong! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Lisa! I didn't realize you've been blogging this long...I'm way behind but I'm catching up! I'm so glad everything went so well and you are in great spirits. One day at a time and all of your dreams will come true. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! I miss you! One day at a time, I know . . . but that is so hard! I want to get out there and conquer the world! :-)

      Delete