Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Post-op Success!

             Today was another awesome day!  I didn’t get much sleep because I was up until morning finishing a paper and had to be up and ready to go by noon, but it was still a great day.  My Mom picked me up to run a few errands and just do some shopping.  Then, she took me to my post-op appointment.  Things are going well!  The steri-strips are off, and the incisions look great.  I thought that I had stitches and, when Dr. Z. wasn’t making a move to take them out, asked if they would come out at the next visit.  He told me that they are dissolvable and will work themselves out.   How about that? I have lost 17 pounds since my visit on August 13th, which is pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  I weighed myself this morning and I was at 217.4 pounds; at the office I was at 220 pounds.  Not bad!!! My blood pressure rocked, too, so no more drugs for me at the moment.  I am now on pureed foods until the 24th when I will start moving through the last phases, soft foods and then lifetime.  I totally admit that there is a “honeymoon period” when a person takes on a new challenge, but I don’t see my honeymoon period ending.  I am so pumped about the changes that I REFUSE to go backwards.  Surgery was the tool I needed to help me crank up my motivation and make so many great life changes.  It feels so good and so right.
            I think that I have decided to join a gym, too, and after talking to several friends it is going to be the new LA Fitness in Greensburg.  It is close to home, and I will stop on my way home from work to exercise.  They have a pool, too, and I love to swim.  A friend of mine is going to help me design some water work outs, too.  It isn’t that I don’t want to exercise, but I am not a morning person to get up and do it then.  Once I get home in the evenings, I change into my comfy clothes and don’t want to leave again.  So stopping on the way home from work at least three days a week will ensure that I don’t have an excuse.  Plus, I can get some advice on how to work out smartly so that I can see the best results.  I am going to give them a call tomorrow. :-)
            I have posted my before pics with some after pics to this point.  I am going to continue to wear the pink tank and black pants for a few more, but they are quickly becoming too big.  The tank top is very baggy on top, so I am not sure that I will be able to wear it much longer.  I can definitely see some change, which is just fueling that motivation!   I will post another set of pics in a few weeks so that there will be more visible change. 
            It is time to write a few more lines on the next paper in the queue and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is another busy day, and I want to wake up bright-eyed and bushy tailed to tackle it head on.  And, as you go through your day, take a minute to remember those who died 11 years ago today and will be Never Forgotten. 
            Until tomorrow. . . . 



Side View - Then and Now :-) 


Front View - Then and Now :-)

6 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING You look fabulous gf.Its great to see before and after,you can really see a difference.So glad your post op went well and that we will be dancing soon..Sending you love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady!!! I am so psyched. I am not sure that I can do much dancing, but I will be doing a bit on Saturday night. We are celebrating Glenndini's birthday if you can make it! Love ya!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic!! Thanks for posting pictures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture is worth a thousand words (you put up 2 pictures, sooo.) Being able to see such a dramatic change makes it so much more rewarding...What a great job. You have to be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I am so proud, and the pictures really help me to visualize those changes. A thousand words. . . and lots of love!

      Delete