Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fingers crossed!


            I apologize for being AWOL yesterday, but I fell asleep at 7 p.m. and woke up at 6:43 a.m.!!  I was exhausted.  I finished my last assignment at 9:14 a.m. and only slept for approximately four hours before I was awake.  Needless to say, I wasn’t worth much yesterday.  I did a few things, but nothing worth mention.  I received my grade, though -- 100%!!! So the lack of ZZZZZs was totally worth it.  Now, I have three weeks to recuperate before the next quarter begins.  Of course, I have tons of to-do list items to keep me busy during that time, LOL.  I am excited to be able to give my attention to other tasks without feeling guilty or having my homework hanging over my head. 
            I decided last night that I am going to take the full six weeks leave from work.  I cleaned the house today; it took forever.  I am exhausted and sore and tired.  It took me over five hours to clean a little two bedroom house.  There is no way that I will be able to keep up at school because the pace is GO! GO! GO! all of the time.  I have classes, forensic team and competitions, creative writing club, union stuff, and so much more -- and my day doesn’t end at 3:30.  There are many nights when I spend three or four hours working at home.  Truthfully, I need the full six weeks to recover physically, as well as mentally. I have been trying to push myself a bit each day as far as physical exercise and movement, and work hard to keep myself in a good place mentally.  The mental changes are going to be just as challenging and rewarding as are the physical challenges, but I refuse to let them get the best of me.  So, I am going to take the time I need to adjust and get used to the new me.  I can’t lose sight of the greatness of this journey I have begun, and that the physical changes are in some ways the smallest of those changes.
            Tomorrow I am going to break out the Wii Fit games and start to use them.  I really enjoy some of them, and they are low-key.  I was even thinking about getting a Zumba game for Wii.  The entertainment factor of me trying to do Zumba is enough to make anyone giggle, lol.  I do have a Broadway choreography game, but I am horrible at that one.  I am really not a dancer, lol.
            At any rate, I am not having a good evening.  Glenndini’s computer got a virus and I ran a spyware program to get rid of it, as I have done in the past.  Well, this time was horrible.  Now, it will not load or start at all.  I am sick to my stomach - what’s left of it - and spent four hours trying to figure out how to fix it.  I am just not able.  I can’t believe that I ruined his computer.  I am going straight to the computer shop in the morning and hope that it can be fixed.  We can’t really afford a new computer right now, so say prayers and keep fingers and toes crossed for me.  My neighbor said that she would make the guys more brownies if they treated me well, so hopefully they are hungry for more of her awesome brownies!  I know that I will not be able to sleep, though.  I am just too upset.  I know that things like this happen; I just hate when they are my fault.  I’m sorry, Glenndini. We will get it working again ASAP. 
            Well, on that note, I am going to close, try to take care of a few more tid bits and attempt to ease my mind, and get some sleep.  Keep sending the good mojo!   
            

No comments:

Post a Comment