Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tuesday Already?


  

              Today has been a much better day.  Obviously, the soreness continues, but my back feels so much better.  I accomplished several tasks around the house that have been on my list for awhile.  Although I didn’t get much done in the way of PhD work or school work, I still feel good about the day.  I was up moving around, stretching and getting some exercise.  I dusted the entire house, patched some holes on the doors that I am painting, painted the first coat on the doorknobs for those doors, ran extension cords to light up my mini purple tree in the office, put in weather stripping, laundry, a bit of caulking, dishes, and made my Glenndini his lunch for tomorrow.  I did finish bits and pieces of paperwork type stuff, but that was it.  Whew!  No wonder that I am feeling a bit sleepy, lol.  It felt good to feel like me again, though, and give my body a rest from sitting at the desk too much -- even if I did move slowly and have to take many breaks.

               Speaking of my back, I have the best husband in the world. Sorry ladies, he is all mine. <3.  We have been redecorating the house, as I’ve mentioned, and most recently made some upgrades to the office furniture.  We bought a beautiful white leather desk chair that has a low profile and looks great in the room.  Glenn was going to buy the second one today since Office Max was having a sale and I had a coupon (My friend Valerie would be proud, lol).  Well, knowing how uncomfortable I have been, Glenn bought a more expensive chair that has lumbar support, a higher back, and arm rests.  OMG, I love it!!! He is truly the best thing that has happened to me. I am such a lucky girl to have a guy who cares about me like that.

            I did the first phase of “closet clean-out” tonight.  Boy, did that feel great!  Wasn’t able to get rid of too much yet, but a lot of things are on the cusp of being too big to wear without looking ridiculous.  I will definitely need to go shopping for some school clothes when it is time to go back to work.  I will have to record a fashion show for Youtube! Haha.

            Alas, it is time to get some sleep.  My mommy is coming to visit tomorrow and I want to be awake enough to enjoy her company.   So until tomorrow. . .






My awesome chair!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Glenn,you are the best,you get a big ol kiss next time!!Lisa Im so glad you were able to get some mini chores tackled,its a really big thing.Does your back usually feel better if you move more?I know my bad thing is I love to sit on the floor and i do it A LOT!!My back loves it not so much lol.So how much longer till you get pureed food added?Are you nervous?I cant wait to see ya,I hope its soon.Sending love as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady,

    Yes, it does feel better when I move more. I think all of the sitting that I've done in the past week has really thrown it for a loop. Pureed food should happen this weekend. I am not nervous; I have pretty great guidelines from the Bariatric Center. I do have to remember to eat slower and chew, chew, chew once I start to get into real food again. That's my biggest thing. I am so used to eating on the run, but now I need to focus on eating and do it right! See you soon! are you going to the show on the 15th?

    ReplyDelete