Monday, September 24, 2012

Better Day :-)


            Today has been a full day, and I am feeling it, for sure.  I did some priming on the porch, and wore a support belt around my stomach. Let me tell you, I can feel that moving around now - I am S-O-R-E.  Then, I went to the doctor’s, came home, had some lunch, and read for a bit.  Finally, I went to see my brother-in-law's acoustic show at Teddy’s.  Had a nice time visiting with friends while there, too.  This was the first day that I did not take a nap, and I am glad that I didn't; however, I can tell that tomorrow is not going to be too exciting.  The energy is just drained.  Tomorrow will be a bit easier of a day, with some desk work and the MRI - fingers crossed that the IV team can find a vein that will work.  Definitely need to take a break tomorrow. 
            The doctor's visit went well and I am feeling a bit better about things.  I weighed myself before I left, and the scale read 209.6.  Being under 210 made me very happy! At his office, I weighed 212.  Meh.  I asked Dr, Z. about my concerns with not losing that much. Since my visit with him 14 days ago, I have only lost 8 pounds according to his record.  He said that as long as the scale goes down, he is not worried.  He told me to keep exercising and watching portions.  If the scale goes up, then he would worry.  So, I am going to try really, really hard to be okay with that and his way of thinking.  As for the bad breath issue, he said that there isn’t much stomach acid to be making any sort of gas in my belly that would be expelled as such, but it could be the diet change and the foods that I am eating.  He told me to monitor it as I start to expand my food choices.  Also, he gave me my back to work note for October 15th, but is allowing me to work for October 2nd and Open House.   The second is a computer workshop.  It will be a good transition back to the job, LOL.  Slow and steady, right?   My next appointment with him is December 17th, so hopefully I can lose some more weight and really be proud to walk into his office at that time.
            Tomorrow I am going to tackle some more tasks for school - job school. LOL.  Lots of things running through my mind about lessons, curriculum, collaboration, etc.  I need to make a few phone calls and work on my online classes.  I hope to knock out a few weeks for each of them, too.  No one has registered for them as of now, so I don’t have to stress about getting them completely done, but I would like to have them ready to go before my PhD courses start in two weeks.  It is a lot to try and accomplish, but I hope to put a dent in it, if nothing else. 
            Well, the time has come to head to bed.  I need to pack Glenndini’s lunch and get some sleep so that I can be up somewhat early and tackle my to-do list.
            Until tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment